Me and Jane


Resultado de imagem para jane eyre crying gif

BLOG     POST #1

    Jane Eyre is about a girl who looks everywhere to find love: everywhere but within. I hate to say I relate to her but I find myself looking for approval from everyone but myself. Not necessarily from boys like in Jane's case, but my parents, friends, coaches, and teachers. I want to feel appreciated and I want people to find comfort/joy in my presence. It's not necessarily a bad thing but when I become too co-dependent, there's a problem. After I "grew up" and felt betrayal for the first time, I convinced myself that I can only count on myself at the end of the day. People are there for me and many will care for me, but only I can understand what emotions I'm feeling. Why I randomly feel mentally exhausted one day and then like a bundle of happiness the next. 
    The funny thing is that at first glance people think I'm just a talkative, stubborn, and self-assured person. I think I come across that way because I don't want people to realize I actually care about their opinions. My parents tell me that I always think I'm right and that no matter what someone says to me, I never let it affect me. I guess there is some truth to that but I still find myself holding on to words of affirmation or when someone laughs at a joke I make. Maybe it's pathetic or maybe I'm just being realistic and self-aware. 
    It's hard to write about my complexity because it's tough to "peel the layers" of who I actually am. People look at my intense personality and just assume I'm an extroverted person who is confident and has mastered self-love. It's something I still struggle with and need to work on day by day. It just goes to show that there's more to each person than meets the eye and we are each complex in our own ways. 

Comments

  1. I like how you correlated complexity to peeling the layers of oneself. I can also relate to adults viewing teens who think they are always right. When in reality most of us realize we are young and still learning but we need that space to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam I loved this, it takes a lot to write how you feel and what you're feeling. You did it beautifully and I know many relate to this. Im proud of you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how you juxtaposed how a person appears to who they actually might be on the inside. I can relate to the possible incorrect assumptions people might make about who I am just from how I appear to be when, in reality, I am actually much different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved how you connected how you felt to Jane Eyre and then took your own personality apart and analyzed it. Within your analysis you show reflection and growth which I think is extremely important in accepting yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The juxtaposition of you and a common character really shows your complexity. Great post Miriam!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts